Why I love ND

Lisa told her reasons why she loves Grand Forks, so I thought I would share mine. Yes, the parks are great. Yes, the green is cool. Yes, the old red brick buildings are cool. But what is the REAL reason I love living in Grand Forks? We have lived here for over 2 weeks now, and we have YET to gas up either of our cars. In fact, the Honda still have 3/4 of a tank left. There are definitely advantages to everything being 10 minutes away. Plus I love it when the locals say, "stay away from Washington street around 5 PM...rush hour is crazy". I almost cried from laughter. They call it RUSH HOUR. instead of 3 minutes to get home, it took me 6 minutes. Although the speed limit is 45, everyone drives 25. And you don't even get mad because it's not like they are making you late to anything. And even if you did have the need to speed, the speeding tickets? 8 bucks. no lie. And up to 15 over, it doesn't even go on your record. I could get used to this. THE END.

5 comments:

angela hardison said...

jealous. that's awesome.

CJ said...

Ya I am a little overwhelmed. We will have to drastically re-adjust our monthly budget.

Katie and Howard said...

I could get used to that!! Glad you guys are enjoying ND!! Piper is getting so big and still as cute as ever! :)

Katie B. said...

Good luck in ND! I live in Saint Paul, MN ~6 hrs away. If you guys ever make it to the twin cities, let me know! The winters take a little getting used to, but they aren't too bad :)

Autumn said...

Whhatt?! $8. So not fair. Normally in smaller towns they'd scrape you for all you got. What more could ask for being poor college students?