Grand Forks, North Dakota....

We still cannot believe that within a weeks time and with LOTS of help.. we packed our entire house, loaded a moving van, and cleaned the house. Not to mention Cj and I worked 3 of those days. Still having time to see family and friends before heading out on a 3 day journey to Grand Forks.
Reuben and Helen drove the moving van and towed the Honda behind, while Cj Piper and I where in the Truck following behind. On our way we got to stop in Utah and visit Kolter, Lindsay and Hannah. We arrived on Sunday and they had a warm meal waiting for us... yummy dessert and lots of fun conversation and laughs. We'll really miss our family!
Next stop was Mount Rushmore in South Dakota.. but along the way we were surprised to get to stop and visit Martins Cove in Wyoming where the Mormon Pioneers stopped on their journey to Salt Lake. We were able to feel of the sacrifice they made as we sat and heard there stories. I cannot even begin to imagine the physical exhaustion, let alone what they went through mentally and emotionally. What examples they are to me. It was an amazing, we wish we could have stayed longer there.
We set out for South Dakota and arrived to our destination around 9 or 10. We were greeted by the huge Sergent Biker Rally being held there. We ate at a cute little pizza shop and then headed for the hotel. Piper was really handling the road trip well... I couldn't believe it. We got a good nights rest and then woke up and headed for Mount Rushmore. It was really cool! We also got to see a fun movie on how it was created and the man behind it all.
We then set out on our last stretch of the journey... and this was the part that seemed endless. We drove and drove and drove and it seemed like we were barely making a dent in the map. Not to mention i was starting to get really nervous because hours would go by and all you'd see is YELLOW... Field after field being harvested with some type of grain. The towns we were passing through every few hundred miles where really small. This is when the panic set in.... since we'd never been to North Dakota before I was wondering if Grand Forks would be tiny too.
Well finally we got here! We arrived late Tues night and it is beautiful here. Green Green Green. Amazing Parks and bike paths everywhere. Lots of stores and shopping. They have an Old Navy, Super Target and Gap. I'll Survive. Don't worry my love for shopping has been tamed seeing that we are broke law students. But its always fun to look right?
We keep hearing the winters are brutal.... like -30 on average. But we'll fill them with ice skating in the park (if i ever make it outside.. haha) hockey games at the Ralph Arena, sledding etc. They also have lots to do indoors, like bowling, movies, library, indoor play places for Pipes. And I'm sure we'll get real creative. If nothing else there is always MULAN... Yes, piper is still obsessed, although, a new fav is Willy Wonka with Jonny Dep. Who would have expected that one.
So family and friends, we made it! We don't know how... but we feel that this is the right place for us. Yes sometimes I still wonder what the heck we did? and how we got here? haha. But I know that this change will be good change! So we are excited! We'll keep you posted on whats going on in our lives!

11 comments:

Lindsey said...

Yay! Good details! I'm glad you guys are in a nice little/big town. We miss you now even more because you are farther away! I want to see pictures of your new apartment. Hurry up and post those will ya? hahaha

Lindsay Brummer said...

It will be such an adventure. It's only 3 years and you guys will make the best memories. GOOD LUCK!!!!!! We are all excited to hear details of your new journey.

Jaron & Abby said...

That is so exciting! Oh and you still can shop at old navy and gap just go on the extra 40% off days. Congrats again with Law School!

Jewelia Eagar said...

i can barely read this...it is tourture (however you spell that). i forgot to tell you today on the phone that when we were over at Eagars on Sunday nite Kendee kept asking for Pipes. It was sad. Hope you are enjoying your new life of RELAXATION! see you soon

angela hardison said...

i've been dying to hear all about it... i am going to hold you to the "more blogging" thing. k? k. glad we agree.

hope all is well & you guys are getting settled in ok.

TJ and Jen Sherwood said...

wow! what journey! congrats and have fun!

Greg♥Amelia said...

I knew there was the possibility for a move but I didn't know you guys were already gone! No one can cut my hair like you Lisa! I am going to have withdrawals!!! I hope you guys are having a great time getting settled in the new city, sounds like you had a good time getting there :)

Anonymous said...

i AGREE with the "no one can cut hair like you!" but seriously....when are you coming back so I can keep up on my do!

Tatiana said...

Hey! You have such a cute little girl!
What an adventure getting to your new home. Good luck in North Dakota and with those freezing winters. We just moved to Texas 5 days ago so I totally feel ya'! Change is good sometimes.
Keep in touch!

Kathy Peterson said...

So happy for you and your family! It sounds like you've landed in a great place. Your Mom does great haircuts too ;)

jandbfillmore said...

You and I got awesome in-laws. What troopers to trek us and all our stuff out to the outside world! So glad you were able to stop and see family AND stop to see some sites.

Like you said, you will survive. My guess is you'll even thrive (not after a period of adjustment). Hey maybe you'll never get caught up in that ocean of emotions! Glad to hear you like it in Grand Forks!!!