This past weekend we went up to Utah for my cousin Ben's wedding! We are so excited for him and Erika! It was a wonderful weekend. I flew up with Morgan and Lauren on Thursday night and Cj flew out on Fri night after finals! We got to stay with Kolt and Lins, we love them! They are so fun to hang out with, we miss them and they need to come back to AZ pronto! Nothing against Utah, we love Utah! So anywho, we went to Ben and Erika's Wedding in the Salt Lake Temple on Sat. and it was a beautiful Sealing. We hugged them and congratulated them and then were off to meet up with Kolt and Lins for Lunch. As we were walking down the stairs and down the hallway we were pleased and shocked to see The Prophet (of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) , President Monson standing at the end of the hallway talking with a few Temple Workers. He heard us approaching and turned around to greet us and we just stopped dead in our tracks like, do we invade his privacy and walk up to him? or just be polite and give him his space... Well he came right up to us and shook our hands and asked us where we were all from and was so polite and personable (as i imagined he would be) We were all speechless and then Cj spoke up and said "we are so excited for the new Temples that will be built in Arizona" and he said "oh Yes, we just announced those... wait a minute, I just announced those!" we all had a good laugh. He then excused himself and went into the Elevators and up into the Temple. We couldn't help but just stand there for a little bit and reflect on what had just happened. It was such a special experience... Never before would i have thought that we would have had the opportunity to meet the prophet! It is so wonderful to know that we have a Prophet on the Earth today! I will never forget that experience and the peaceful spirit that was felt in his presence.WE had a great weekend in Utah. Not to mention the chilled air! It was in the 40's to 60's the whole weekend! It was a great escape from the Blazing Az sun!
8 comments:
marie, it sounds like you had a blast! i wish i could read all your text that you wrote about utah but it got scrambled. love ya girl
We missed you at Bunco! I hope that you had fun and hope you can figure out what went wrong with your post. I will check back soon.
Lisa! I would love to get together with you guys! Call me soon!
-Bobbi
4803814770
No way! Thats awesome! I'm so jealous. Glad you guys had fun.
What an awesome amazing experience! Glad you guys had fun and are home safe!
I hear Congratulations are in order! We're so excited for you!!!
WHAT THE.....HOLY....wow. That is just about the neatest thing I have ever heard!
You saw the prophet!! Some of the perks of living in Utah I suppose. Did you give Jenny a big hug?? Those dang Hardys - why did they always have to be so far away? :)
can you fly here and do my hair? My roots are killing me!
ps - more temples in Arizona?
Post a Comment