My latest project!!!!


Sorry, the pictures a little blurry, but, one of my favorite things to do is find old furniture and fix it up. Cj and I went to D.I and while we were there we found an old kitchen table that was 15 bucks! and it was a light wood on top that needed some major help and the legs were white.
I took my trusty hand sander that ceej got me for Christmas last year and it worked like a champ. I sanded down that top and got all the old stain off and when that top was smooth i put the new stain on it that cj picked up, hoping that it would be a pretty close match to our cabinets. i lathered that on there many times. And while that was soaking in i painted all the legs the same green that we used as an accent on the back wall in our kitchen.
personally i think it turned out pretty dang cute! and total it costs 20 bucks! okay so I'm still trying to figure out what to do with our chairs. but we only have three, so I'm thinking of buying three other random chairs and have them all be miss matched and then paint them all the same. I think that would be pretty cute! or am i breaking the rules? who said kitchen chairs had to be the same anyway!

7 comments:

Kim said...

That looks so good. I want to come and see it sometime in person. I wish I had the eye like you did on finding the perfect piece of furniture and fixing it up. Next time you go shopping give me a call.

Jewelia Eagar said...

cute, love it. You are so thrifty, it's awesome.

angela hardison said...

I'm all about the mismatched chairs. Or...mismatched everything. When things are all the same, it's so boring!

Hey your business cards have been shipped to me and I should get them tomorrow. Which means...maybe we need to hang out this weekend and I can hand them over to you!

Lindsey said...

You are SHO cute. Can't take it! I love your thriftiness too - wish I had the eye! xoxox!

Marianne said...

Lis love the creativity going on here!! The table looks so good and yes you should mis match the chairs! So fun I cant wait to see you!

Ashleigh and Zebb said...

I have the same table! I got mine from D.I. and painted mine black. haha. hey found your blog on Randee's page. Its funny who you run into on here! looks like things are goin good for you! i love this whole bloggin thing!

Anonymous said...

Lisa- the table looks so cute! I am the same -love to find bargains- garage sales are an awesome place to find stuff too. Nice job!

Oh and the pictures of you Anni- how cool :-) Blast from the past- I can't believe she is pregnant with #2! Tell her hi for me ;-)