SAN FRANCISCO


So despite the big move to North Dakota, we had previously planned a get away to celebrate graduating from ASU, and have a little vacation before law school. This all stemmed from Cadeson reading his email, and finding through ticket master that Wicked would be in San Francisco for $29 a ticket! Since we'd never seen Wicked and I'd been dying to go to San Fran, we booked the trip. Ironically, we received a phone call from UND that we got accepted, while walking down market street. GREAT news! CJ and I got to do alot in a little amount of time since Piper got to stay with Grandma Prince. Here are a few things we got to do..

We started the trip off with the mandatory "cheap glasses" purchase. Needless to say, C.J. found the most 'tourist' looking glasses, but I love them. He swears there was a "UV PROTECTION" sticker on the lense. They got the job done.
We found the cutest boutique, owned by a really cool lady. She named the store after her two little girls, Gigi and Rose. I found a really great diaper bag there. And we bought Piper the cutest cloth crayon kit for church. She loves the pad of paper and likes to make circles. Haha.
The World's Windiest Road!
Crab Legs!!!! Wowzers.
We got to see the belly of the beast.
The boat tour to Alcatraz and the Golden Gate Bridge was well worth it. We packed really light, I didn't even bring a jacket because I didn't realize it got so chilly there. The morning we took the boat ride it was freezing, so we went to Market Street and bought a cheap lil' sweater from the tourist shops.
Best breakfast I've ever had! Simple, yet really flavorful and fresh. I'm craving it ...right now! It was a great little fisherman's shack up on stilts that hung over the bay.
Our street car ride back from seeing Wicked. There are some characters on these things late at night. I mean,....come on...look at that psycho glaring at the camera to the left.
Love it.
Encore!
Out on the pier,...this little girl is lost. They paged the parents, but gave up hope. t(Can you tell CJ has been typing the last little bit... this is a joint effort.)
The bay aquarium was pretty cool!
One man band! Never thought I'd see the day. This guy was awesome.. and he actually sounded really good!
...and of course, the Ghirardelli Chocolate Factory. Let's just say, we put on hats, fake mustaches, and other disguises in order to keep getting the free samples.



6 comments:

Lauren said...

I love SF and you guys hit all the hot spots! Well done, you deserve a great vaca! Miss you guys!

angela hardison said...

i love it. and san francisco. brings back honeymoon memories :) haha...

Will & Camie Shill said...

um i would have paid good money to see that one man band, that is real talent! looks like so much fun guys!

Katie and Howard said...

I so want to go to San Fran! Looks like you guys had an amazing time!!

Anonymous said...

awh, so fun!! i love san fran!! i always go through the line to get more free samples at ghirardelli too! (: and it took me a second to find who you were talking about being the "psycho" on the trolley! ha ha! looks like it was a great trip!

chelsea :: stock said...

i bought the exact same pair of glasses that cj bought when I was in cali a couple of weeks ago. really, I think they are exactly the same. I even had to convince jeff that they had a uv sticker on them...

great minds...

looks like you guys had fun!

(this is totally my first comment on your blog)