BIG MISTAKE!!!!
I cruised through the store with Piper but still had a few troubles finding the sale items so that took a little longer than expected. I had one item left to get when she decided she didn't want to be in the cart any longer. I thought OK no big deal I'll let her walk for a little while. Well that was just so cute until she started grabbing things off the shelves and then the running/chasing began. Piper is faster than I thought. Now I'm chasing her through the isles and I would catch her and pick her up and tickle her and hope that then she I might be able to lure her back into the cart. NOPE! She would start crying every time... and if you've heard Pipers' cry you'll know this was no good... she's really loud. I began to get red in the face as I'm frantically buckling her in the shopping cart, and she's screaming so loud and freaking out and the cart is shaking because she's jumping up and down. At this point I'm thinking who can I call for help and then I realise how ridiculous that is. Then I think, forget this, I'm just leaving the cart here and running out of here! But then I think of all the saving and my coupons! So finally I decide.... WHO CARES! I'm finishing this shopping trip no matter what. I pull out my lip gloss, take the stick out and hand it to piper who then throws it on the floor... OK i guess distractions won't work either. So I race over to get the final item and pass the Balloons... THANK THE HEAVENS ABOVE!!! I grab a balloon ( the little kind on a stick) and that stops all the crying but now I'm getting hit in the face with the balloon. O well... ha ha. After all this, the lines were too long so I went to the self check out. While holding piper, I'm scanning my items and now she's uninterested in the balloon and wants the lip gloss wand which she is now smearing all over her face and painting mine too! And to make matters worse I still had to get the cashier to come over and help scan in all my coupons! What a silly disaster!
And wouldn't you know it... as soon as I get her out to the car she's as sweet as a peach.
I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. But when I finally made it home I couldn't help but laugh!
I think I've learned my lesson...
9 comments:
You survived. Welcome to motherhood! I love ya. :)
oh yeah sounds like a regular grocery trip! why are their screams so much louder and annoying in public!?
That is hysterical! I could hear Piper's shrieking loud and clear as I read this. Good story telling :)
LOVE YOU!!!!
is the lesson dont use coupons? or dont have anymore kids? LOL jk :)
haha... lesson is no more shopping trips with piper... especially while using coupons!!!
i can totally picture you with lip gloss smeared all of your face and piper screeching... hahah, sorry but it's funny. at least she is adorable.
^over your face, not 'of your face.'
obviously.
Lisa,
Lane won't stay in the grocery cart for very long either. If I go with him, the cart has to be constantly moving- can only stop for a sec to grab an item and I always bring special treats. I usually go shopping early Monday mornings now.
This memory is a keeper.
Post a Comment