Saga by C.J.- So I woke up the other morning at 6 oclock to go birding at the Gilbert Riparian Habitat (for my class). I was walking along, taking pictures of the different birds that had flown in from Mexico (yep...birds have the same immigration issues we have). At any rate, as I rounded the corner, I looked off to my right, only to see the vary picture you are looking at. An Arab blind man, walking full steam towards me, beckoning that I partake of the lovely grass the he had acquired. He approached me, (within feet), and without a word, began to make hand gestures that somewhat resembled that of a tribal ritual, wherein at the end of his communication he flipped his hand upside down and backside forward. There, on his backhand, was an old warn tattoo of a bird. ... the very birds I was taking a picture of. By this point, I gave a soft smile, soiled myself, and walked away very slowly, being certain not to make any subtle movements that would warrant a knife being drawn. Moral of the story? I like birds.
ENLIGHTMENT
Saga by C.J.- So I woke up the other morning at 6 oclock to go birding at the Gilbert Riparian Habitat (for my class). I was walking along, taking pictures of the different birds that had flown in from Mexico (yep...birds have the same immigration issues we have). At any rate, as I rounded the corner, I looked off to my right, only to see the vary picture you are looking at. An Arab blind man, walking full steam towards me, beckoning that I partake of the lovely grass the he had acquired. He approached me, (within feet), and without a word, began to make hand gestures that somewhat resembled that of a tribal ritual, wherein at the end of his communication he flipped his hand upside down and backside forward. There, on his backhand, was an old warn tattoo of a bird. ... the very birds I was taking a picture of. By this point, I gave a soft smile, soiled myself, and walked away very slowly, being certain not to make any subtle movements that would warrant a knife being drawn. Moral of the story? I like birds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i had to do that same field trip for a bio class last semester. luckily i didn´t run into any scary men!
what the?????!!! That was awesome!
What the hell??? Only you. Only you.
Post a Comment