So a while back i received a letter in the mail that i would need to appear for jury duty on the 25Th of march. well you would have thought i won the lottery! ha ha. i have always wanted to be selected to be on a jury. i am just so curios about trials.... weird huh? but i was so excited! well i called the night before to see if i was still needed to go down there and i was. i called Cj and said "I'm still in" ha ha. he was dying at this point, i mean who wants jury duty. so i went down on Tuesday around 11 and signed in and went through the whole video and paperwork. i was actually kind of nervous, I'd never appeared before a judge and i thought, what will the judge ask me? what am i going to say? am i just going to have a huge smile on my face because I'm so happy to be there! ha ha. well as it turns out all the anticipation was for nothing, i never even got to hear what the trial was about. they didn't end up needing me! i wanted to pull Cj's chain so i told him on Wednesday that i had gone down to the courthouse just to see if they needed any extra help! I'm kind of offended that he believed me! ha ha. one day I'll have my chance to be on a jury... or at least i can only hope!
am i the only person that feels this way? seriously, there has got to be some of you fellow bloggers that would love to participate in this exciting process!!!!
6 comments:
You crack me up. I've always been afraid of being in a jury and getting followed/tortured because of it (must have been all those John Grishman law books I read growing up).
that is so funny!! i have jury duty on the 2nd of April! im kind of excited too, but i have to be there around 9:00am! hmmm. ill let you know how it goes!!
HA HA! i have never had jury duty, but my friend was selected and everything & was on the jury for a murder trial!!!
I'm with Angela-I'm I am so scared that some mass murderer will look me in the eyes as I'm sitting there and send me telapathic mesages that I'm going to be his next victim. But if you like that sort of thing.....
I think it would be alot of fun to be on a jury. I love all of those shows that they have on court tv and whatever other channel. So your not the only one.
i am the same way.. I would love to go and do that.. All though i would probably pee my pants if i ever had to speak but maybe one day i ll be the chosen one to get called to jusry duty
Post a Comment