So tonight i worked pretty late and on my way home i called cj to ask him what he made for dinner ( he's such a good husband he likes to cook dinner!) and he said lasagna! i was way impressed! i asked him if he used Elk meet, because i knew we didn't have any hamburger. he said no and that he had to fun to the store anyways to get some drinks. so i came home and i dished out the lasagna and got our drinks, but noticed that there were no new drinks but didn't think much of it. so about half way through the lasagna cj asks me "hows the ELk meet?" i said your kidding right! "no" he says. i felt a little queesy! haha. but to be honest it was really good! infact better than hamburger in lasagna!last hunting season cj got an elk and we had all the meet processed. we had to buy a deep freeze to fit all of it in there! so i was all excited to invite my parents over for dinner and make an elk roast. The texture was really good, it was very tender and juicy, only problem was this strange taste! so i was hesitant to ever eat elk meat again! so cj knew the only way to get me to eat it again would be to trick me! well it worked!!!! i'm not affraid anymore!
6 comments:
HAHA, that's funny. A little gross, but that's okay...
Hey I need to get you guys the pictures from the trip - there are some CUTE ones of you two!
Lisa i felt the same, until your Uncle Ron made me have some of their Elk Roast and I kid you not I couldn't taste the diffrence between that and a real roast! so when ever we get an elk----which is not often! I will fix it now the same way i do a roast when i cook it!!! I have to give it to CJ! ha
k, i would totally die if steve did that to me! my dad goes elk hunting every season too and his specialty is elk chili. i know it sounds disgusting, but just like your lasagna, it tastes okay.
hey, glad you figured out your blog stalker stituation. hopefully she'll leave you alone!! ha, ha! :)
-erica
don't listen to chris lisa, she did the same thing to me! she cooked up zacs deer in fajita mix and don't of peppers and onions and gave me a fajita....AFTER i ate it she said did you like that it was deer. Sure i liked it, it tasted like fajita peppers not meat! i'll just stick to beef!
Nice! That's awesome that it tasted good. I have yet to try elk meat that actually tastes good. I guess I just really love my cows!
Lisa I"m the same way! Aaron is always trying to convince me to make Deer/Elk burgers and I refuse! I think when I smell it raw while I"m preparing it and then try to eat it, I can't stomach it! Roasts are better though! I'll have to try lasagna!
Post a Comment